Welcome

August 12, 2009

Time has Passed



It felt like my memory had just faded away. But I´m back. Being and doing what I love the most these past few days... which is cooking and taking pictures... I haven´t got quite enough time to post something which I consider of value in the work that I do, but I thought that this could be a nice start. I hope you can enjoy it as I do every morning: this is my breakfast bread for you.



Honey and Oats Bread.
The recipe:

500 grs Rye flour
15 grams butter
150 ml warm milk
225 ml warm water
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp dry yeast
115 grams oats
2 tsp salt

In a bowl place the flour and salt and then stir in the butter cut in small pieces. Add the oats and mix well. Make a hole in the center and add the milk, the honey and the water and blend them together to make a soft ball.
Knead the ball until it is soft and doesn´t stick to the table anymore. Put it in an oiled bowled and let it sit for about an hour until it doubles its size.
Once that time has passed, put it in a mold or just make it rustic and make a nice ball with your hands and let it rise for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 230C.Brush the bread with a little milk and with a sharp knife make some lines across it. Bake it for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

lovely pictures...and the bread looks gorgeous...