Welcome

February 11, 2009

Distant



I have been distant these past few months, but not because I intended to, but because I was very busy, creating my very own Tea House.
Despite all the drama revolving around all this, I'm finding again some spare time to concentrate on what I think is a part of me now, i.e. "the blogging thing".

The last months were CRAZY, and I wasn't able to handle my spare time wisely. And it doesn't mean that I haven't been baking, because I have... a lot, so these following days you will get to see all of my baking and you'll, of course get the recipes.

Thank you for your patience.
Happy new year to you all!

Assorted Tartelettes:



Sugar Dough

8 oz unsalted butter, softened
4 oz powdered sugar
1 egg
12 oz flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Cream the butter and the sugar together. Add the egg, mix and scrape bowl. Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix until combined. Do not overmix.

Make a ball with the dough and wrap it in plastic wrap. Press down on the dough to create a flat disk. Refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.

Roll the dough out to about 1/8-inch thick and place it over your tart pan. Press down the sides, remove excess from the top and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

Dock it and bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden

Fill the tarts with the filling you like the most.



For the Apple Crumble:

100 grams unsalted butter
100 grams sugar
100 grams almond flour
100 grams flour

pinch of salt

Cream all ingredients together until a ball forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until it hardens. When it is solid, grate it with a large grater or even through a food grinder. You will get little pieces of crumble. Refrigerate right away and then spread over you apple pie.

2 comments:

dessert girl said...

So pretty!

Olga said...

Those look absolutely adorable! And what fun to have your own tea house.